Friday, August 30, 2013

No More Tears

I'm pleased to report that somehow the curse of Ellie losing her mind every time someone/anyone comes within a 15-foot radius of her bangs with a pair of scissors has been broken. On a whim while in Ohio, I took Ellie to my hairdresser from high school and college (Heather) when she offered to trim Ellie's bangs before my mom's hair appointment. We had scheduled to have Ellie's picture taken with Nic and SAM the following week and truthfully she was looking downright shaggy. I was highly skeptical and although Ellie was stoic the entire time, Heather worked her magic, successfully cutting Ellie's bangs without a single tear, whimper or meltdown. Yay Ellie! Maybe it was the penguin cape? Maybe Ellie's finally growing out of her fear of hair cuts? Maybe Heather's just that good? Whatever it is, I only hope it continues... or maybe I just need to fly Heather in every 6-8 weeks, then she can cut my hair too!



No comments:

Post a Comment