The week we spent in Virginia (which happened to be the last full week of July) went by far too fast, but it was so nice to see good friends! We haven't seen the Cunninghams since they moved from Tucson at the beginning of the summer last year, but it felt like no time had passed at all. Sara worked early most mornings so we had a few hours in the afternoon to catch up on life (we could seriously chat for hours and still have more to talk about!) while Ellie napped and her two boys were at school.
Unfortunately the heat and humidity we had in Ohio followed us to Virginia, so one morning while Sara was at work Ellie and I occupied our time (mostly) indoors at the Virginia Living Museum.
Unfortunately the heat and humidity we had in Ohio followed us to Virginia, so one morning while Sara was at work Ellie and I occupied our time (mostly) indoors at the Virginia Living Museum.
Pinecones!
Ellie's been into sharing her snacks lately and I love to oblige her generosity.
Speaking of snacks, the only picture I got of Ellie with Sara's boys Braden and Matthew this blurry snack-time shot.
We encountered some Virginia wildlife right at the end of the Cunningham's driveway when Ellie and I spotted a turtle making it's way down the road.
At the end of the week Sara helped me drop off our van to the shipper --later that afternoon Brian joined us after a successful first week of his course. Once the kids went to bed, we played an increasingly hilarious game of Cards Against Humanity (fueled by a few margaritas) late into the evening.







No comments:
Post a Comment