Ellie has reached this wonderful age where she really enjoys engaging in imaginative play. It's so much fun to watch her create little scenarios with the "Little Man" from her Duplo set or carry her ducks around making them do all sorts of silly things. On a whim a few weekends ago I introduced Ellie to sock puppets and while the one I made was very primitive (made from some blue fuzzy socks and a hair tie), thank goodness Ellie doesn't know any better. I think she's fascinated with them because it seems some beloved Sesame Street characters have come to her house. The blue sock could pass for either Grover or Cookie Monster but we usually go with Cookie Monster since he loves to "eat" the cookies from her tea set. It's one of Ellie's favorite things to do lately -- which results in several tea party requests each day.






No comments:
Post a Comment