April was quite busy for us and as a result I have a ton of pictures that due to general procrastination/life/move prep for whatever reason didn't make it on the blog. Since they individually don't really warrant their own post so I thought I would do a recap of this past month seeing that we only have a couple days left until May! It's a mix of pictures from our regular camera and some from my phone.
I've been sending Ellie outside in the mornings while I get lunch ready, especially if she's getting too rambunctious inside. It's so nice that she can (for the most part) entertain herself out there with minimal supervision. Mostly she plays with chalk on the patio and when I asked her about this particular drawing, she told me matter-of-factly it was a "ladybug." Honestly, between the stick legs and two dots in the middle, I can sort of see it.
Speaking of the backyard, here's an action shot of Ellie running a muck.
We've been trying to get downtown for Meet Me at Maynard's before the evenings get too warm and met a friend for a run/dinner at the end of March. On our way to the car after dinner we took a break to watch the train go by.
A stray picture from our trip to the botanical gardens. Ellie may or may not have been saying, "See Mama!" when this was taken.
On one of our recent walks in Sabino Canyon -- Ellie gets so excited when she sees the moon (the white speck that you can barely see just above the catcus).
Little by little, we been getting Ellie onto her balance bike and helping her ride down the sidewalk. Mostly I think she goes along with it because she gets to wear her bumblebee helmet that we both love. This particular time she was on just long enough for me to snap these few pictures but I think we're making progress!
From that same evening: here she is pointing our her beloved moon -- still using her middle finger.
Aaaaaaaand... cue the funny face.
Ellie's also making progress on dressing herself.
Now we just need to work on the fact that shirts go on top.
And lastly, this is probably my favorite recent picture of Ellie. It truly captures the essence of our girl: the crazy hair, her smiling blue eyes and those unmistakable dimples!





Ellie,
ReplyDeleteI love this picture of you...etc.... You are so beautiful.
Love Great Aunt Joyce ;)