Ellie and I are just wrapping up our first week in Ohio! Well, maybe not an entire week -- we got in very late Monday night but will be staying until almost the end of the month. I'm trying to take advantage of not having to pay for a plane ticket for Ellie and just couldn't pass up the deal I got several months back, so here we are!
One of the highlights this week was taking Ellie to her first baseball game. There's an independent league baseball team that plays near my hometown and since my parents had to work at Wednesday evening's game, Ellie and I tagged along. Our home team, the Lake Erie Crushers, were taking on the Normal Cornbelters (does it get any more Midwest than that?) so we watched the first few innings before Ellie's bedtime and had a great time. The stadium was small enough that you couldn't get lost and was very family friendly. Ellie probably ate the least nutritious meal in history -- chicken fingers dipped in honey mustard sauce and Dippin' Dots. Not my most shining moment in parenthood, but we're on vacation, right?
One of the highlights this week was taking Ellie to her first baseball game. There's an independent league baseball team that plays near my hometown and since my parents had to work at Wednesday evening's game, Ellie and I tagged along. Our home team, the Lake Erie Crushers, were taking on the Normal Cornbelters (does it get any more Midwest than that?) so we watched the first few innings before Ellie's bedtime and had a great time. The stadium was small enough that you couldn't get lost and was very family friendly. Ellie probably ate the least nutritious meal in history -- chicken fingers dipped in honey mustard sauce and Dippin' Dots. Not my most shining moment in parenthood, but we're on vacation, right?
I asked my mom to take a picture of Ellie and I with the baseball field in the background right before we left. What resulted is probably my favorite picture of Ellie to date.

No comments:
Post a Comment