Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our Girl of Few Words

Ellie has been very chatty these days and while she hasn't picked up any new words as of late, she uses the same handful of words for everything.

"Da" = Most commonly 'dog,' also 'airplane' (when the planes fly over the base)
"Dada" = Most commonly 'daddy,' also 'Papa' (my dad) and 'water'
"Mama" = Used in context for 'mama,' but also when she's eating something she likes ("mm-mm")
"Nana" = When I try to coax her to say 'mama,' also 'Mimi' (my mom), and (although I think it was a fluke) she said it when I told her she was having banana for breakfast the other day
"Die-die" = bye-bye
"Ha" = hi
"Uh-huh" = A generic catch-all response. Hilariously she will match whatever length we say the "uh" (like "uuuuuuuuuhhhh-huh"). Mostly she uses this when Brian or I tell her we love her. Awww.

No comments:

Post a Comment