Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gingerbread House Decorating is Serious Business

This little adventure began when Brian was at Costco getting new tires on the car back in October and found himself wandering the aisles with no wife and daughter to distract him. (No one can escape the allure of Costco!) Among the other "necessities" that came home with him was a gingerbread house decorating kit. After putting it off for a few weeks due to other Christmas events, we didn't want to wait any longer and pulled it out of the box five days before Christmas. I can definitely see a family gingerbread house decorating contest in our future.

I didn't expect Ellie to have such intense focus when we started decorating but watching her determined expressions was highly entertaining.







The final product -- I'll give most of the credit to Brian and Ellie. Decorating with the frosting was not as easy as the box made it out to be, but we think it looks great!


1 comment: