Ellie had her 2-year well check on Friday. Ellie seems to have not only retained her case of White Coat Syndrome,
but I would say it's become even worse (it's always darkest before the dawn, right?). While I'm completely aware that this phase is normal, it doesn't make it any less embarassing to have that child at the doctor's office. It was extremely difficult to
get her measurements taken between fits of hysterics, so I can't really
attest to the accuracy of these stats:
Weight: 22lbs (5th percentile -- seems about right)
Height: 32.5 inches (26th percentile -- also on track)
Head Circumference: 48.5 cm (80th percentile -- yeah, I have a feeling that's way off)
We got to meet her new doctor, Dr. Burris, who I think will be wonderful
for the remainder of the time we're in Tucson. She's just as sweet as
our beloved Dr. Connor and very attentive to few questions I asked.
However, seeing as how little time we have left here this may
(hopefully) will be the only appointment she has with her!
Ellie put on a spectacular performance for Dr. Burris, refusing to have her heart listened to or ears examined, all the while wailing, "All done! All done!" Developmentally she's a rock star, so I really had no concerns. Towards the end of the appointment, realizing she was in the clear, Ellie became quite sweet and conversational, showing more of her normal personality. She's all caught up with vaccines (thank goodness) but it was suggested she get her flu vaccine -- only one more year of the flu shot and she can finally get the flu mist instead! Although on second thought, that may be even more difficult to administer than the injection!
No comments:
Post a Comment