Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oktoberfest on Mount Lemmon

Being a true German girl, I'm always looking for an excuse reason to celebrate my heritage -- and now I get to share it with Ellie! This past Sunday, Brian and I took our little "Maedchen" up to Mount Lemmon for the annual Oktoberfest celebration.  We have tried to go up in years past, but Oktoberfest is an apparently elusive event because we had heard about it but could not find the details -- until this year, that is.

This was Mount Lemmon over the weekend.

















This is what Mount Lemmon looks like during a very good ski season (This picture is taken from the lift which you can see on the left in the previous picture).  Oh how I love Mount Lemmon's ski season!



















The weather was gorgeous and felt just like fall -- breezy and cool.  Lots of traditional German food was consumed.  Some not-so-German food was eaten, too.

















There was lots of dancing to German music. (I offered to let Brian dance with her. He politely declined, which I assume had something to do with not consuming enough Oktoberfest beer). Someone had to show her the ropes.














































Ellie wondering where her glass of Oktoberfest was.

















On a different note, Ellie seems to be making it a tradition to need a diaper change halfway up the mountain.  Luckily, this summer's heavy monsoon season reduced the fire danger on the mountain, allowing us to pull off to the side of the road and change her so we didn't have to wait until we reached the top.  Her timing is impeccable.

No comments:

Post a Comment