Maybe that should read "Back in the A/C," because that's pretty much where we've been since we got home this past Sunday. How did I forget in a mere 6 weeks how HOT it is here this time of year?!?
Ellie and I had a surprisingly pleasant trip back home, mostly because, due to a seating error, we were moved to a different set of flights that got us home an hour earlier AND we had a empty seats next to us on both flights (score!). Brian picked us up at the airport (he got home the night before) and is off work until next Tuesday. We haven't been doing anything since we got back, but it's so good to be all together again, even in this ungodly heat. I take that back -- we've been taking advantage of Brian's time off work by baby-proofing the house. Good-bye wine rack and DVD rack! Brian can't get over how much Ellie has grown and changed in such a short time, as well as getting used to his little girl having much more personality than when he left. Now that we are home I've also noticed Ellie's become a little more challenging, but I think she's only doing that to make up for lost time with dad. :) Or the teething has kicked in full swing. :(
The rest of our time in Ohio flew by, as I expected it to. Between Ellie cutting her first teeth (yes, we now have two!) and rolling everywhere, my hands were full. I was debating if going to Ohio for the full 6 weeks while Brian was gone was a good idea, but looking back, I'm so glad we went. My parents enjoyed having Ellie to come home to at the end of the work day, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing little things with my mom like shopping and cooking that I haven't been able to do since I moved away.
Here are a few pictures of our trip to the Toledo Zoo with Aunt Kate and cousins Nic and SAM.
Lots of new foods were tried.
Peas:
Plums (and fish lips):
Ellie discovered rolling to be a perfectly reasonable method of transportation, also serving a dual purpose as a way to warm up with her blanket.
I haven't taken any pictures since we got home, but Brian did get this one of Ellie in -- where else? -- her high chair. The girl does love to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment