Height -- 99 cm/39 inches (32nd percentile)
Weight -- 14.9 kilos/ 33 lbs (31st percentile)
Ellie was very chatty with Dr. Smith (our new pediatrician for both girls whom we love), and showed a great interest in all of his medical equipment. She bravely got all five shots, including her flu shot -- yay Army medicine for cutting corners by not buying combined vaccines in the name of budget (which could have saved two sticks)! In preparation for them I had turned on the Daniel Tiger episode about getting a shot the day before to try and quell any fears about Ellie getting hers which seemed to help. The nurse asked if Ellie wanted to sit on my lap and she replied, "No thanks, I can do it on my own!" Then came the shots... and the tears. Lots and lots of tears. :( Luckily there were two people giving the shots so they were over relatively quickly (and Livi slept through the whole ordeal), but I don't think Ellie will forget about them for a LONG time. She has told me on several occasions, "I don't like shots! They hurt! I'm never getting them A-GAIN!" Thankfully we're done until she's 11. Despite the tears, I'm so proud of how she handled herself.
On a side note, when we got home Ellie asked to watch the same Daniel Tiger episode and when it got to the part where he gets his ONE shot and only winces (no yelling or crying), I could just see on her face what she was thinking: "This is bullsh*t. Those shots hurt way more than you're letting on."
No comments:
Post a Comment