Tuesday, December 9, 2014

And Now She's FOUR

I'm not sure how we suddenly have a four-year-old in the house, but we do now! This was the first year that Ellie truly anticipated her birthday. We talked about it several times in the week leading up to it,  also teasing Ellie by saying, "But you don't have a birthday coming up, do you?"

Ellie's birthday also happened to be a school day, so the day before she and I prepared chocolate cupcakes to share with her friends and teachers along with a bag of her favorite German gummi bears. Luckily there were a few left over for us to devour enjoy. I bought Ellie a french-themed shirt since her love of the Eiffel Tower is still going strong. She loved it... a big relief since she's become very opinionated about her clothing choices lately. She was a vision of purple since she also decided to wear a purple tulle skirt. I tried really hard to get a picture of Ellie smiling her sweet smile but when you tell your four-year-old to smile, this is what happens! :)



For her birthday dinner, she requested Cheeseburgers in Paradise. Her birthday cake request for several months was Strawberry Shortcake.. until I had already finished it. She said she changed her mind and wanted something else... then it was set in front her her, with four candles lit on top. "Oh yes!" she laughed, "I love strawberry shortcake!" Oh child.


Waiting to hear those "Happy Birthday" lyrics!




Livi hasn't learned to appreciate birthdays just yet. Or maybe it's that she can't have cake.


Our gift to Ellie this year was a scooter. It was something she's been asking for for months, so she was in disbelief as she unwrapped it. And, of course, it's orange! After some time, her excitement started to show.



Mimi and Papa sent some much-beloved Daniel Tiger friends to play with in her Trolley. She's wearing the birthday crown one of her teachers made for her that day.


Ellie at four -- she's such a joy and challenge! She expresses herself very well verbally and is extremely articulate for a four-year-old. So much so that I have to remind myself that she is only four and to cut her some slack in the maturity department. Not always an easy thing to do since she's one to really push the boundaries lately and try to get a reaction out of us.

She still has a great love of reading and is able to read several of her books on her own. Brian and I have realized our days of being able to spell words in front of Ellie (so she doesn't know what we're talking about) are most likely numbered. Duplos continue to entertain although I think she might show an interest in classic Legos very soon. She especially loves to draw and color and can spend a good chunk of time at her little table in the kitchen coloring away (occasionally those colors go astray, but she's been really good about it in the last couple of months). She likes to make cards for us, and I love it. Her favorite thing to draw are people and I'm flattered to be featured in many of her pictures.


Favorites at Four

Color: Orange
Animal: Duck
Toy: Duckie
Movie: Finding Nemo
TV Show: Daniel Tiger
Food: Frosted Mini-Wheats (what she had for breakfast that morning)
Song: Over the Rainbow
Book: Dr. Suess' ABCs
Game: Candyland
Thing to Do Outside: Play Ball outside and Swing
Snack: Cheerios (not sure where that came from since she hasn't had them in a while)
Best Friend: Duckie, Felix, Josepha, Ina
Thing to have in Bed at Night: Duckie and Fuzzy Blanket
Holiday: Halloween
What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up: Duckie
Place to Go: Our House
Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch: Mac and Cheese and Peas
Dinner: Broccoli, Bread, Chicken, Peppers, Tomatoes

Happy Birthday, Ellie! We love you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment