Brian and I had optimistaclly bought tickets to Volksfest knowing full well the date came weeks after Livi's due date. My sainted mother graciously offered to watch both of our children (I'm still getting used to saying that!) so Brian and I could get a few hours of much-needed adult time. Sadly, being just a few weeks post-partum put the kibosh on wearing my dirndl, but I still felt very festive in a leather vest over my dirndl blouse. Ready to go!
It's become our fest tradition to go with the Jollys! This year's fest wasn't quite as lively as previous experiences (they didn't play the Fliegerlied!), but the chicken was delicious, the beer was cold and the company was wonderful!
Group photo (photo cred goes to Laurel).
The things people do at Volksfest -- this guy was drinking beer out of his friend's shoe (photo cred also goes to Laurel who was much quicker than I to get the picture!).
Oh yeah, and we saw this both inside and outside the fest tent as we were leaving.
Never, ever, underestimate what you're going to see at Volksfest.







No comments:
Post a Comment