Having fields less than a ten-minute walk from our house certainly has it's advantages -- a great, quiet place to take a walk a well as operating farms from which we get to enjoy seasonal produce! At the end of May, I fulfilled a dream of mine: to take Ellie strawberry picking! And it was only a few minutes' bike ride away! Luckily it was a much better experience for her than my first time strawberry picking also at the tender age of three. I vividly remember my mom's shoe getting stuck in the mud and was traumatized thinking she was being sucked into the mud like quicksand, never to be seen again. I'm pretty sure I cried until we got home.
Ellie had a great time picking out the red, ripe strawberries.
Although we couldn't taste them as we picked, we packed our carton with two kilos in just under 15 minutes...
... and had consumed them all by the next day!
Brian bikes through the fields on his way to work and has reported already seeing specks of orange where pumpkins are growing, so I know what we'll be doing this fall!





No comments:
Post a Comment