Monday, April 14, 2014

March 2014 Catch-Up: Fasching

In the weeks leading up to the beginning of Lent, Germans celebrate Fasching (similar to Carnival in other parts of the world). There are parades in several of the surrounding towns that feature people dressed up in masks that can be really scary, while other towns will "kidnap" their town officials, holding them ransom. We had hoped to take Ellie to one of the more tame parades but she ended up with an ear infection that weekend. Maybe next year.

Ellie's school celebrates by having the children dress up in costumes and having their faces painted for a whole week. While Ellie didn't dress up this year (I have a feeling she will next year), she did take part in the face painting. I was a little surprised since she's never shown any interest in having her face painted in the past.

This is a "bunny."


A "butterfly."


This has nothing to do with Fasching, but look at the state of her winter coat. This girl does not take playing outside lightly!



Thank goodness for washing machines (I think her coat was washed twice that week!).

No comments:

Post a Comment