Friday, January 31, 2014

Christmas 2013

Yes, it's the end of January and I'm finally recapping this past Christmas. Oh well, it's my blog and I can post late if I want to, right? :)

We did our annual gingerbread house decorating around the middle of December, to give the whole thing just enough time to get nice and hard by the time Christmas rolled around. Ellie, having discovered the deliciousness of candy treats, spent most of her time sneaking tastes of the various gum drops and other sweets.



Dad did all the icing.


The suspense proved too much for Ellie to handle.



The finished product!


Ellie and I made roll-out sugar cookies together the weekend before Christmas using Ellie's new cookie cutters. Her favorite part was sprinkling the flour.






Christmas Eve was here before we knew it. Our traditional lasagna dinner was enjoyed it by candlelight from our German advent wreath.


After bathtime and getting on her Christmas jammies, Ellie picked out some cookies to leave for Santa.


Meanwhile, I got the morning's breakfast ready.


One last look at the tree and then off to bed!


Look who came!


Brian and I were up at a little after seven on Christmas morning so I could put the cinnamon rolls in the oven. Ellie came wandering into the kitchen around eight. We tried to get her to open her stocking, but Ellie would have none of it. It wasn't until we left her alone to check breakfast that we saw her making her way towards the stocking. Duck had to take the first look.


She found crayons, two Kinder Eggs, a new pair of sunglasses and clementines!



After opening our stockings, breakfast was ready. These were crazy good!


Then we got down to opening presents.



All present opening ceased when she opened the Magna Doodle from Mimi and Papa.


Then, what did Santa bring?


I can't believe I didn't get a picture after she opened it, but Santa brought Ellie a play kitchen and Ellie loved it! She got to work on her culinary skills.


We made it to church and made a delicious Christmas dinner afterwards. In between we watched Ellie play with all her new toys and got in some FaceTime with my family. It was a truly blessed Christmas and I feel especially blessed to have celebrated it here in Germany. We hope your Christmas was merry and bright!


No comments:

Post a Comment