Friday, October 18, 2013

Where the Sidewalk Ends

During our first week in the house, we put Ellie in the BOB after dinner and took a walk on the path that runs behind our house, curious to see where it led.



We found some pretty neat places.


Ellie's favorite was this awesome park with a gigantic swing!


And another, equally gigantic, tire swing which I think Ellie could have swung on for hours. In the background of this first picture you can sort of make out the metal frame for one side of a small zip line that Brian and I may or may not have ridden.




Beyond the park was a huge field with tons of intersecting foot/bike paths looking out over seemingly endless fields and forests.


Since dusk was quickly approaching we had to keep our exploration a bit brief. I plan on getting a bike so Ellie and I can explore the area more quickly than on foot, but just haven't gotten to a bike shop just yet. However, looking at these pictures again has sped up my desire to get that bike before it gets too cold and snowy to explore on two wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment