Friday, July 6, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Since I would like to end on a positive note, I'm going to work my way backwards on this one.

The Ugly: During time out today, Ellie got so worked up that she purposely smacked her head on the wall and then the tile floor. She was okay, but we both wound up in tears.

The Bad: That wasn't the only time out she had before Brian got home from work (but the aforementioned time out was the most upsetting).

The Good/Great: In a redeeming moment at bedtime when I picked her up out of Brian's lap to put her in bed, Ellie wrapped her arms tightly around my neck and wouldn't let go. As I stood there for a moment, rocking her in my arms, I felt her little hand reach down and pat me on the back. That right there makes everything worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment