Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gym Munchkin Room Update: Success!

After our failed first attempt at taking Ellie to the Munchkin Room at the gym (there was a failed second attempt not too long after that), Brian decided to give it another go over the weekend -- he's so much more adventurous than I. To our surprise, Ellie LOVED it! Yet another reason I couldn't be happier that Ellie is walking: Brian set up the large foam blocks in the play area so Ellie could walk from one to another, and it kept her occupied long enough for Brian to get in a 45-minute workout!

Brian also took her on Monday afternoon while I was at a dentist appointment but he reported it was probably the most stressful workout of his life because a mom brought in her three kids, two boys (around ages 3 1/2 and 5) and a girl around the age of two. According to Brian, the boys were dive bombing off/throwing the foam blocks and he was worried that Ellie was going to become an unsuspecting target, but luckily she was just fine. In fact, it sounded like she loved watching the other kids and even shared her stacking cups with the other little girl (she's so sweet it brings me to tears).

I have yet to take Ellie to the gym myself, but thank goodness a mid-morning or post-nap workout sounds like it's finally an option!

No comments:

Post a Comment