While some might have been suffering the ill-effects of enjoying one too many margaritas the night before (Brian and I not included this year), yesterday morning we participated in the Cinco de Mayo 10k run out on the west side of town. It was the farthest I've run yet, but I'm far more impressed that Brian ran while pushing Ellie in the jogging stroller the whole way!
(Ellie really is in there, she's just under the UV shield)
The weather was gorgeous for a Tucson morning in May. We ran with the Cunninghams (Brent ran with both boys in their double jogging stroller) and another couple from base. Sara and I were able to keep up with our guys -- most likely because they were running with the kids -- and we finished in an hour and three minutes! This run also marks the first that neither Sara or I were pregnant, so we were finally able to run together.
Post-run euphoria.
We discovered that she and I are great running partners, six weeks before they pack up to leave Tucson for a new assignment in Virginia. After nearly three years, with two of those right around the corner from each other, how am I going to say goodbye to such a good friend?
No comments:
Post a Comment