I recently wrote about our experience taking Ellie to the gym children's room. Slightly concerned with her reaction, I've been trying to come up with some ideas to get us out of the house and get her used to being around other kids in new places. It's also partly for me so that I don't become a crazy helicopter parent, because I might be having a few "letting go" issues. :)
Yesterday morning we went to story hour at the base library. For us, it was more like story half-hour since we only stayed for the first thirty minutes, but I would consider it a success! I think Ellie really enjoyed herself and it was fun watching her interact with the other kids. She was surprisingly attentive during the song and stories, but the craft portion afterwards was a little lost on her, and I think she was slightly overwhelmed when all the kids crowded at the craft table. We'll be going back next week and I'm looking forward to making story hour (or however long Ellie lasts) a part of our routine!
No comments:
Post a Comment