Friday, December 16, 2011

Her First Birthday Party

After an exhausting few days of preparation, travel and settling in, we are back in Tucson and I'm finally getting around to writing about Ellie's first birthday party, which already feels like eons ago. It was another laid back day (I'm sensing a pattern here) and so nice that Ellie was able to celebrate with her cousins, aunt and uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents. And her mom, too. :)

Ellie showing off her birthday shirt.
























We did things a little backwards for this first year -- presents first, then cake and ice cream since Ellie went right into the tub after inhaling having cake. Earlier in the day she opened a birthday package from her great aunt on Brian's side of the family with some books and videos, a toy cell phone, bear and a few other birthday goodies.

Ellie also got a book all about hugs from Mimi and Papa, a talking book from the Merzkes and some books and a Little People farm set from Brian and I.

















The nursery rhyme book garnered quite the following.



















Like most one-year-olds, Ellie didn't show much interest in unwrapping presents at first, but after we opened a few together, she started to get the hang of it.





















Opening presents worked up quite an appetite, so Ellie was ready for some cake!

















Or maybe just a nap.

















Carrot cupcakes for our little cupcake.

















Ellie was unfazed by all the attention and singing. I'm not sure if I should consider myself lucky or forewarned.  :)

















At first, she was perplexed by the frosting.



However, once she had a little help...

















... there was no stopping her!


































After a quick bath, she was eager to play with her new toys.



















Before long, bedtime had arrived and Ellie crashed for the night. And just like that, the first birthday celebrations were all over. Now we have Christmas with a one-year-old to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment