Mother's Day was extremely low-key this year, due mostly to our impending move. I took a raincheck on a Mother's Day gift because I really haven't had the time to think about what I could possibly want, but all in all it was a really lovely day. My morning began with a short but quiet shower having the house all to myself while Brian and Ellie made a bagel run for breakfast.
Cinnamon crunch bagels? Yes please!
After Mother's Day mass at church, we went to the farmer's market and then came home for lunch and cards. I'm so lucky to call myself mom to this sweet and silly girl.
Completely off topic, but look who's been getting very brave about coming down the stairs without holding on!
For most of the afternoon I thought Ellie had forgotten it was Mother's Day and wasn't going to nap, but she ended up snoozing for an hour and a half which was just enough time for me to catch a few Zs. Brian and Ellie took me to Frost for some after-dinner gelato. I opted to share mine with Ellie which proved to be the last time I do that -- she ate more than half, including the last bite (pictured below)!


No comments:
Post a Comment