Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Think This Gene Skipped a Generation

In the lottery of inheriting genes, my sister and I got my dad's stick-straight hair while my brother seems to have partially inherited my mom's amazingly curly hair, but it only shows when he grows it out and (sorry Bryan) it's really more bushy than curly. We all wonder how that curly gene apparently skipped over our generation.

(Bryan with his wavy hair, my straight hair and my sister's braided, but very straight, hair.)

I should also mention that my husband also has straight, although very thick, hair. A few weekends ago, however, that curly gene decided to make an appearance.


We don't get much rain in Tucson except for the monsoon season during the summer but we enjoyed a few of those rare, rainy days several weeks back. The effect of the unexpected humidity on Ellie's hair was a bit surprising.



That's all natural! It has since tamed down with the less humid weather -- but Mom, I think it's safe to say that for now (with the right conditions) someone finally inherited your curly hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment